National Railcard offers railcards that provide discount on train tickets; typically, a 1/3 off the price of an adult fare and 60% off a child’s fare (for family and friends railcard users only).
Does railcard do NHS Discounts?
Railcards cost between £20-£30 for 1 year, or £54-£70 for 3 years. Paying for a 3-year railcard works out cheaper than paying for 3 consecutive years, but not everyone has the cash at the time.
There is no usage limit on railcards which is great news for frequent travellers. Some railcards even give discount for those travelling with you!
Most railcards can be purchased online or at your local staffed station ticket office. Train tickets (using the discounted railcard) can be purchased online or at the station. However, to qualify you must be able to present your railcard, this means that when purchased online, ticket wardens moving around the carriage will ask to see your railcard. Failing to be able to present your railcard will mean you will have to pay full price for the ticket.
Other NHS Discount Pages of Interest
- Acknowledgements and NHS Discount Help
- Aldi NHS Discount – Can staff save on food shopping?
- AO NHS Discounts on Electrical Appliances
- Argos NHS Discounts – Help for NHS staff
- Audible NHS Discounts on Books
- B & Q NHS Discount
- Boohoo NHS Discounts – Clothing Vouchers and codes for 2022
- Boots NHS Discounts – Can staff get vouchers on beauty products
- Can I get a Travelodge NHS discount on hotel rooms?
- Clarks NHS Discounts – Do NHS staff get money off shoes?
- Currys NHS Discount – are there any codes or vouchers to use?
- EE NHS Discount Codes – Can staff get a discounts on mobile phones?
- Get Apple NHS Discounts- All you need to know on iphone
- Go Outdoors NHS Discount
- Gousto NHS Discount – Get money off food delivery
- Halfords NHS Discount – is there money off for staff?
- Homebase NHS Discount – Savings on house improvements
- Ikea NHS Discount – How Staff can save on furniture
- Jet2 NHS Discount on Flights and Holidays
- Just My Look discount code
- Love Honey nhs discount
- Mint Velvet Sale – discounts on dresses and jumpers
- NHS Discounts – what are they and where can I get a list?
- Nike discounts on Tech Fleece, Trainers Socks and Vapormax
- Pandora Jewellery – NHS discounts on charms, bracelets and rings
- Pizza Hut NHS Discount – How to get money off delivery
- Pretty Little Thing Discounts for Staff
- Puregym nhs discount – How to get money off your gym membership
- Railcard NHS discount – Get money off train tickets
- Screwfix NHS Discount Codes and Vouchers to use in 2021
- Sports Direct NHS Discounts – What are they and how to get them
- The Range nhs discount
- Thortful promo codes, discount on cards
- Tui NHS Discounts on Flights and Holidays
- Virgin Media NHS Discounts on Broadband, TV Packages and Bundles
- Vue NHS Discount – Can Staff get money off cinema tickets?
- Wickes NHS Discount
- Deliveroo NHS Discounts – Save on food delivery
- Dominos NHS Discount – Ways to save on pizza
- Get Involved
- Hotel Chocolat NHS Discount & Voucher Codes
- NHS Discounts – A list for healthcare staff to use
- Schuh Imperfects – What are they and how to get the shoes
- Sky NHS Discount – Can staff get money off internet and tv packages?
- Superdrug NHS Discounts – Can health service staff get money off?
- Vodafone NHS Discounts – the Vodafone Advantage Scheme
The types of railcards that can be purchased include:
- 16-25 Railcard – this railcard is for customers aged 16-25, typically students, meaning that mature students also qualify for this railcard. However, mature students must be attending a recognised college or university for over 15 hours a week, at least 20 weeks a year.
- Two Together Railcard – this railcard provides discount for 2 people, whether friends, family, or couples.
- Family and Friends Railcard – this railcard is for families where 2 adults can be the card holder. Both card holders don’t have to be traveling, but there needs to be atleast 1 child in the group under 5, and a child ticket must be purchased. If your child turns 17 before your 3-year railcard expires, they can continue benefiting from discount until the day before they turn 17.
- Senior Railcard–this railcard is for customers 60years old. The railcard can be purchased up to 2 weeks before ones 60th birthday if you buy online, but it’ll only be valid from the birthday onwards.
- Disabled Persons Railcard –this railcard is for customers that received PIP, DLA, attendance allowance, severe disablement allowance, war pensioner’s mobility supplement, war/service disablement pensioner’s, has a visual impairment, a hearing impairment, or epilepsy.
- Network Railcard.
- 26-30 Railcard – this railcard if for customers aged 26-30 and provides savings on 1/3 off leisure journeys across Britain, saving an average of £125 a year.