1.Terms and Conditions Welcome to Clap For Our Carers (which is managed by Creative Clinic Communications Ltd) website Terms and Conditions page. By using this website you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out within it. Nothing in these terms and conditions affects your statutory rights as a consumer or otherwise. Before you place an order, if you have any questions relating to these terms and conditions, please contact our Customer Service team by e-mail, email@example.com. The terms and conditions below apply to all orders placed using our website www.clapforourcarers.co.uk and any orders placed with customer services by telephone. Please read them carefully before placing your order.
2. Use of the Website and Your Account You may register an account with us when purchasing items using this website. You are responsible for preventing unauthorised access to and use of your account. Please ensure that you maintain the confidentiality of your username and password, and take all necessary precautions to prevent unauthorised access to and use of your account. Please notify us immediately if you believe that your account is being used in an unauthorised manner or if you believe that your username/password has become known to someone else. We ask that you please ensure that:
- The details you provide when registering an account with us are correct, complete in all respects, and up to date
- You inform us immediately of any changes to these details (Including change of e-mail or postal address).
We reserve the right to terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders at our discretion. If we do cancel an order, it will be without charge to you.
3. Your Rights and Responsibilities When you place an order to purchase items using our website, or by calling our customer service department, this is an offer by you to us to purchase these items. By ordering, you are providing details which are true, accurate, current and complete in all respects, and that the credit or debit card details are correct and your own. We will confirm receipt of your order by sending you an email containing the details of your order. At this point, we accept your order and the contract is formed. Please be aware that it is your responsibility to check that all information listed in the confirmation e-mail is correct. If anything is inaccurate, please notify us immediately by e-mail. We will not be able to reimburse the value of any goods which have perished or have been damaged as a result of your failure to notify us of inaccurate information being listed.
5. Age Restrictions In addition, should you be under 18, you may use this website only with the direct involvement of a parent or guardian.
6. Product Appearance and Description We have made every effort to display the appearance of our products as accurately as possible. This includes, but is not limited to, colours, dimensions, specifications, descriptions and packaging. We may from time to time alter the product specifications of items displayed on our website without prior notice. The packaging of our products may also vary from time to time, but this will not affect the contents.
7. Complaints procedure All of our products are inspected prior to delivery. We are confident that when your products leave us, it will be in optimum condition. If you are unhappy with the condition of any of your goods, for any reason, please let us know immediately by telephone on 020 8201 1848 or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org Should you have an issue with the quality of any of our goods, we will ask you to provide photographic evidence. If you do not let us know of a problem within five days of having received an order, or if you dispose of any of our goods without having first obtained photographic evidence, we would not feel obliged to accept your claim.
8. Copyright All copyright, database rights, trademarks (including Clap For Our Carers and www.ClapForOurCarers.co.uk) and all other intellectual property rights in the content of this website, such as texts, graphics, logos, banners, images, buttons, underlying source code and software, are the sole property of Clap For Our Carers. Any use (including copying, reproduction, duplication, transmission and display of the content of this website), without the express written permission of Clap For Our Carers for purposes other than the viewing of information or ordering goods, is strictly prohibited. Permission is granted to copy electronically, and to print in hard copy, portions of this website only for placing an order with clapforourcarers.co.uk, or for using this website as a shopping resource.
9. Substitution Policy clapforourcarers.co.uk reserve the right to substitute an item with another item of equal or greater value than the original, or issue a refund for the product. In these circumstances, we will make every effort to ensure that the style and quality of the substitution is as similar to the original item as possible. In instances where we believe we must make a substitution; we will make every effort to notify you of this ahead of time. Where this is not possible, we will enclose a note of explanation in your order.
10. Cancellations Should you wish to cancel your order, please contact customer services by e-mail. Provided your cancellation request is received before your items have been dispatched, we will cancel your order and refund you in full without charge. Should your items already be on their way to your chosen address, it may not always be possible to stop them from being delivered in time. In these instances, you must take every reasonable step to ensure the goods do not become damaged or spoiled until such a time as we can arrange collection. Failure to do so may result in a refund being partially or wholly refused.
11. Delivery We can deliver to your home or place of work, and to the home or workplace of your relatives, friends, colleagues or business associates. You must supply a complete postcode and mobile telephone number for every delivery address. Please take great care when stipulating delivery locations, addresses and dates, because, once these have been entered and you have received a confirmatory email, they cannot be changed. If you have questions about the delivery of your order, after it has been dispatched, you may email us, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. Orders received by 2pm, will be sent out the same day by Royal Mail First Class (subject to stock). Orders received after 2pm, will be processed the following day.
12. Alterations to this Website and Terms and Conditions We reserve the right at any time to make changes to this website, our Terms and Conditions, our Privacy Statement and such other policies as we may notify you of. You will be subject to the policies and Terms and Conditions in force at the time you use the website or order items from the website. Changes which we are required by law could apply to orders which you have already made. If any of the Terms and Conditions forming the contract between us are not found valid or are void or unenforceable for any reason, these Terms and conditions will be treated as severable; and they will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining Terms and Conditions.
13. Waiver If you breach our Terms and Conditions, and we take no action with regard to that breach, we shall still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in other situations where you are in breach.
14. Governing Law These Terms and Conditions are governed by and written in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. You agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
15. Contact Information E-mail: enquiry@ClapForOurCarers.co.uk
16. GDPR Statement We will continue to keep and use your personal data for the purpose of conducting business between ourselves. This personal data may include, but is not limited to, names, addresses, contact information including telephone numbers and email addresses as well as information included on invoices, statements, pricing updates, and other promotional material. We aim to protect your personal data and comply with our obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date, stored in a secure location and protected from loss, misuse and unauthorised access. We use personal data to fulfil our contractual obligations as well as providing other information, news, events and activities that you have consented for us to do so. In order for us to provide the goods and services that we have agreed to provide there are a number of third parties that may need to process your personal data. These third parties may include:
- Licensed credit reference agencies
- Logistics service providers
- Insurance providers and intermediaries
- Other third parties such as data centres that securely store your information
- Banks that require Personal Data to fulfil our obligations to you
- Any Statutory, governmental or regulatory body that requests personal data and we are obliged by law or regulation to provide.
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary, however, there are circumstances when we may retain personal data for a longer period where we have a statutory or regulatory obligation to do so and to ensure our business is properly run in an efficient and compliant manner. Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the right to request a copy of your personal data we hold and to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date. Should you wish us not to keep your data for whatever reason please confirm and suggest an alternative means for us to conduct business together.